Introducing our Lemon Garlic Herb Grilled Swordfish recipe and all the wonderful health benefits it brings.
This recipe brings you tender and juicy swordfish with the vibrant flavors of fresh herbs and tangy lemon. It’s perfect for a sunny BBQ day or a cozy dinner. Enjoy the taste of the sea kissed by the Mediterranean sun. Whether it’s a backyard BBQ or a quiet dinner with loved ones, this dish is a sure winner. Enjoy and happy grilling!
Lemon Garlic Herb Grilled Swordfish
- 2 swordfish steaks about 6-8 oz each
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges and additional chopped herbs for garnish
- Marinade Magic: In a bowl, mix lemon zest, lemon juice, minced garlic, olive oil, parsley, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Fishy Soak: Place the swordfish steaks in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them. Ensure both sides are well coated. Cover and marinate for 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Grill Time: Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Remove the swordfish from the marinade and place them on the grill. Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily.
- Plating Perfection: Transfer the grilled swordfish to plates, drizzle with any remaining marinade (if desired), and garnish with lemon wedges and additional chopped herbs.
Health Benefits:Swordfish: A great source of protein and essential omega-3 fatty acids. Lemon: Packed with vitamin C, it aids in digestion and offers a refreshing taste. Garlic: Known to boost heart health and contains powerful antioxidants.
Did You Know & Roots and Tradition:Swordfish: Historically prized in the Mediterranean, its firm texture made it a popular choice for grilling. Lemon & Garlic: Both have been pivotal in Mediterranean cuisine, offering a combination of zest and depth to numerous dishes. Herbs: From ancient times, herbs have not only flavoured our food but have also been used medicinally.
Nutrients & Calories:(Note: These are approximate values.) Per Serving:
Vitamin C: ~30% of the Daily Value (DV)
Tips & Tricks:To avoid overcooking, keep an eye on the swordfish; it cooks quickly!
If you don’t have a grill, you can use a grill pan on the stovetop.
Fresh herbs are key; however, if using dried herbs, reduce the quantity by a third.
Conclusion: Our Lemon, Garlic & Herbed Grilled Swordfish is a dance of flavours that captures the essence of the sea, kissed by the Mediterranean sun. Grilling amplifies the taste of the swordfish, making it a go-to for those quick yet delectable meals. Whether it’s a backyard BBQ or a serene dinner with loved ones, this dish promises to be a hit. Bon appétit and happy grilling!