Treat your taste buds to a burst of deliciousness and goodness with our Strawberry Spinach Salad. This amazing mix brings together fresh baby spinach, sweet strawberries, creamy feta cheese, and a hint of tangy red onion. Elevate the experience with a homemade dressing that blends honey’s sweetness with the rich flavor of balsamic vinegar. Let’s dive into this yummy recipe and discover all its amazing flavors!
Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 pint about 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds or candied pecans/walnuts optional, for added crunch
- Red onion thinly sliced (optional, for a tangy kick)
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Prepare the Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, honey, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper until well combined. Taste and adjust the sweetness or acidity according to your preference. Set the dressing aside.
- Prepare the Salad: In a large salad bowl, add the fresh baby spinach leaves. If using red onion, thinly slice it and add it to the bowl.
- Add the Strawberries and Feta: Gently wash and hull the fresh strawberries, then slice them. Add the sliced strawberries and crumbled feta cheese to the salad bowl.
- Optional Crunch: If you want some added crunch to your salad, you can toast some sliced almonds or use candied pecans/walnuts. Simply toss them into the salad bowl.
- Toss the Salad: Drizzle the dressing over the salad, starting with about half of the dressing. Toss the salad gently with salad tongs or clean hands to ensure the dressing coats all the ingredients evenly. Add more dressing as needed to reach your desired level of flavour.
- Serve: Transfer the Strawberry Spinach Salad to individual serving plates or a large platter. If desired, you can add some additional feta cheese, sliced strawberries, or nuts on top for presentation.
- Enjoy: Serve the salad immediately as a refreshing and healthy appetizer, side dish, or a light meal. It’s perfect for spring and summer gatherings or any time you crave a delightful combination of sweet and savoury flavours.
- This salad is versatile, and you can customize it with additional ingredients like grilled chicken, avocado slices, or your favourite nuts for extra variety and taste.
- Did you know? Strawberry Spinach Salad is not only a delectable combination of sweet and savoury flavours, but it also boasts an array of health benefits that make it a perfect addition to your spring and summer menu!
While Strawberry Spinach Salad may not have a long historical tradition like some other dishes, it is inspired by the timeless practice of pairing fresh, seasonal ingredients to create delightful salads. The combination of vibrant baby spinach leaves, juicy strawberries, and creamy feta cheese celebrates the essence of spring and summer, showcasing the natural flavours of the ingredients. Health Benefits:
This salad is a nutritional powerhouse, offering a variety of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants: Vitamin C Boost: Fresh strawberries are a rich source of vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that supports the immune system, promotes healthy skin, and aids in collagen production. Leafy Green Goodness: Baby spinach leaves are packed with nutrients, including vitamins A, C, and K, as well as iron, calcium, and folate. These nutrients are essential for bone health, immune function, and red blood cell production. Bone-Building Calcium: Feta cheese provides a dose of calcium, which supports bone health and nerve function. Heart-Healthy Fats: Extra-virgin olive oil in the dressing contains heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, which may help reduce the risk of heart disease. Nutrient-Rich Nuts: If you choose to include sliced almonds or candied pecans/walnuts, you’ll enjoy additional nutrients like vitamin E, healthy fats, and minerals like magnesium and zinc. Balsamic Vinegar Benefits: Balsamic vinegar in the dressing is known for its potential to aid digestion, regulate blood sugar levels, and contribute to weight management. Customizable and Versatile: Strawberry Spinach Salad is highly customizable to suit individual tastes and dietary preferences. You can add grilled chicken or avocado slices for added protein and creaminess. For a tangy kick, include thinly sliced red onion. The salad’s flexibility makes it suitable for various occasions, from a light and refreshing appetizer to a satisfying side dish or even a complete meal. The approximate number of calories in one serving of the Strawberry Spinach Salad is around 180-220 calories, depending on specific portion sizes and variations in ingredients. Please note that these calorie estimates are based on general nutritional information and may vary based on individual ingredients and preparation methods. Whether enjoyed at a picnic, a summer barbecue, or a family gathering, Strawberry Spinach Salad celebrates the beauty of seasonal produce while nourishing your body with a bounty of health benefits. So, toss up this delightful salad and relish its refreshing taste and wholesome goodness!
This delightful recipe was thoughtfully crafted by the culinary expertise of Chef Claudiu, while the captivating image was provided by Canva.