The Foodie Station and other male bloggers were recently invited to a cookout with Chef Rosebud Benitez, one of the top celebrity chefs in the Philippines and host of Quickfire, a 10-minute television cooking show broadcasting several times daily on GMA News TV.
It was A normal day turned magical when our very own cook/correspondent, Ace Capellan, entered the doors of The Cookery last Feb 20, 2018. His mind was set on cooking. Little did he know that he would finally meet his longtime crush, Chef Rosebud. And by longtime we mean, circa high school days. And take note, Ace is now a young professional, a foodie, and a selfmade cook. When they shook hands… fireworks!
The moment Chef Rose started talking about how easy it was to make their own Tuna Pizza and Tuna Wraps using Gold Seas Tuna Chunks, Ace attentively listened and executed the instructions with determination.
One thing for sure, Ace was able to Ace the Gold Seas Tuna Chunks challenge!
But hey, inspired or not, cooking with Gold Sea Tuna Chunks has never been easier. Its premium and gourmet taste turns an everyday tuna dish into pure bliss. If these boys were able to do it, so can you!!!
Gold Seas Tuna comes in six variants: Yellowfin Tuna Chunks in Olive Oil, Yellowfin Tuna Chunks in Olive Oil with Chili, Yellowfin Tuna Chunks in Springwater, and for the gourmet variants they have Tuna Chunks with Herb and Garlic, Tuna Chunks in Lemon and Pepper, and Tuna Chunks in Mild Indian Curry. With each can comes a GENEROUS chunk of tuna. Yup, canned tuna never tasted this good!
So come on, show your A-game and create the same dish yourselves using the recipes we share below:
I. Tuna Pizza
1 small can corn kernels
1 can Gold Seas Tuna Herb and Garlic
50 g canned black beans, drained
1 small red bell pepper, sliced thinly
1 small red onion, sliced thinly
2 tsp cilantro, chopped
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1 piece lime, juiced and zested
Salt and Pepper
1 large Pizza Dough or Flour Tortilla
170g Quickmelt Cheese
1. Pre-heat oven 425 degrees.
2. In medium bowl, add tuna with a bit of oil from the can. Break up with fork until shredded.
3. Add black beans, red bellpepper, onion, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, lime zest and juice. Toss and season with salt and pepper.
4. Put mixture on pizza dough. Top with cheese and place on baking sheet. Bake pizza for around 5 minutes and serve immediately.
1. Mixing bowl
II. Tuna Wraps
3 tbsp hoisin sauce
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp sriracha
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp ginger, grated
2 cans Gold Seas Tuna Lemon and Pepper
1/2 cup Water chestnuts, drained and sliced
2 green onions, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
Large leafy lettuce, leaves separated for serving
1. Make the sauce. Whisk hoisin, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sriracha and sesame oil in bowl.
2. Heat oil in a skillet. Add onions and sauté till translucent. Add garlic and ginger.
3. Add tuna. Break up with back of the spoon.
4. Pour sauce and cook. Reduce. Turn off heat, add water chestnuts and spring onions. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Spoon a large scoop in the middle of lettuce leaf and serve immediately.
1. Mixing bowl small
2. Sauté pan
3. Wooden spoon